Writers and content creators wish to write accurately, without spelling, grammar or punctuation errors. We also wish to avoid awkward sentence structure. As such we employ writing tools and editors to help us to clean up our writing.
What Is Grammarly Tool
Grammarly is an assistive writing tool that helps writers to prepare content that is error free. It works as an add on in your browser, as part of the Microsoft Office suite or as a Desktop application.
How Does Grammarly Work
Grammarly constantly checks your work as you type underlining errors while remaining unintrusive. When the righter is ready to check the identified errors you may simply do so by clocking on each to view the mistake and make the relevant corrections.
The corrections vary in nature and may range from grammar to sentence structure depending on your plan.
The Grammarly Packages
Grammarly has three different plans. There is a free, premium and business packages.
The Free Package
- Single user
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation checker.
The Premium Package
- Single User
- This package offers everything available in the free version.
- Suggested sentence rewrites to add clarity to your writing
- Tone indicators and adjustments to help writers to understand the message they are sending by the tone of their writing and make adjustments where necessary.
- Provides synonyms to add better structure to sentences.
- Keep language at an appropriate level of formality at all times.
- Helps the authors to write naturally.
The Business Package
- Supports multiple users
- This offers everything contained in the Premium Package
- Helps writers maintain the writing style throughout.
- Has an admin panel that allows the admin to control who has access and who doesn’t
- It has email support.
- User authentication.
The Pros and Cons of Using Grammarly
The software is low priced and easy to use. The free version is pretty great and allow a user the option of trying before spending a dime.
Grammarly supports American, British, Canadian, and Australian English.
This software is not 100% Accurate.
At the moment Grammarly only supports English Language.
I use Grammarly and would definitely recommend it as a wonderful tool for Authors or Content creators. While I would recommend this for those with a of a different language background, I’d suggest that they should not depend on Grammarly alone. This is because this tool is only about 95 percent accurate.
I would also advise users to ensure they read all content before accepting corrections. This will help to reduce the errors caused by the use of this particular software.
Before You Go
Have you ever used Grammarly? How was your experience? Be sure to leave your comments and questions in the comments section.
Do you like this article? Be sure to share it.