As parents we all want our children to read more, however books could sometimes prove to be pretty expensive. When you are on a tight budget, finding interesting free books to read online for Children becomes very important.
Over time, among the list of books here on this platform, you will find many free books to read online for children.
There are also some apps that specially offer kindergarten books. I will add these here.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why read online
- Reduce Cost: Owning paper books usually comes with a cost, however with growing internet use many sites have sprung up to offer eBooks to read cheaply or even for free. Obviously, because eBooks don’t need to be printed production cost is reduced.
- We can carry more books: Reading online means that we can have several books in our possession without the extra weight of paper books.
- Save the trees: With the growing threat of the greenhouse effect, it is imperative to the future of the human race, that we reduce the number of trees being cut down daily. Paper books come from trees, therefore when we read eBooks we reduce the need to destroy precious forest cover.
- With the widespread use of technology, more children are becoming attached to digital devices. Teaching children to use their smartphones and tablets as a reader, combine their love for technology with parents’ desire to promote good reading habits.
How to Read Online for Free
Finding online books to read for free is quite easy, my children and I do this every day. In fact, at the time of writing this, every book reviewed on this platform is available for free.
So to answer the question of how to find online books to read for free? It’s very is simple.
- Amazon Kindle – While this platform typically offers books for sale there are always a number of books temporarily available for free, all it takes is time to look. As part of their marketing strategy, many authors temporarily offer their books on this platform for free in order to spark interest. The difficulty however maybe finding them in your particular genre.
There are usually several free books to read online for children, on this platform.
- Wattpad – Most of the books available on Wattpad are by new authors and yes they are available for free. Of those sites in this review, Wattpad seems to be among the ones with the widest range of free books to read online for children. Also, books on this platform are increasing daily.
Please note that the books on Wattpad often have many grammatical errors because authors write directly on the platform and their books are at different stages of development. As can be expected if a book is there long enough it will eventually be edited.
- Rakuten Kobo Books – Like Amazon Kindle, Rakuten Kobo always have some books available for free. While I have found children’s books on the site, how often they are available for free is any one’s guess. I have only been on this site for a week and have not seen any free books to read online for children. I will keep you posted on this.
- English Kids Stories – is an app that I have been using for a few months to read with my younger child. He loves the stores and so do I. I particularly love them, not only because they are available for free, enlarge his vocabulary, and helps to develop his imagination but the stories usually have a moral in them. This app runs on an android phone and has an abundance of free books to read online for children.
- Monkey Pen –is another site that provides free books to read online for children. According to a statement available on the Monkey Pen website, the vision is to, “provide children with access to quality books that entertain and educate. While entertaining the children, the books will also instill them with values and skills that traditional schools do not teach. I.e Money management, relationship building, investment in health, self-mastery: these are some issues of critical importance that the books will illuminate for the young readers. The purpose is to catalyze a process, which will transform the children of today into kind and conscious global citizens of tomorrow.” I believe this is a vision all parents can buy into.